Social media marketing is not a nice to have anymore, but must have and social networking should be part of your marketing mix. It’s 2013 and social networking can play an integral part in your online marketing campaign. This method of marketing is the new way of marketing the same as blogging was and still is. Connections you can build from social media channels like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Google+ are just way to big to ignore.
There are thousands of social networks and many of them features specific niches such as LinkedIn. The most effective way to use social networking is to choose the channels where your target audience can be found on. Spend time on these channels and become part of the community. It’s as easy as that.
Find below a couple of tips on starting a social networking campaign.
Social networking tips
- Pick social networking channels that where your target audience can be found on. In my opinion, smaller niche networks are easier to connect with like minded individuals.
- What are your objectives? What do you want to achieve with social networking? Do you want to build brand awareness, reach new customers? Sales? Make sure you have objectives that supports your business objectives.
- Don’t expect to be successful with social networking by never engaging in conversation and the community on the channels you select. Spend some time and engage with the people you would like to reach.
- Don’t start your campaign with the sole intention of getting a quick sales. It’s all about building relationships. The sales will follow.
- Don’t be afraid to contact your social network connections personally to engage with them on a personal level and to strenghten your relationship with them.
- Never be afraid to try new things and changing your approach to get better results.
- Understand that social networking is a long term strategy and results will not happen overnight. Never expect to see instant results.